Wednesday 4 December 2013

HNC Project Five - Landscape, Properties and Product

It has been a very difficult time (the last couple of months), and weaving work has taken a back seat, along with a lot of other things.

Weaving has been hard, challenging and utterly frustrating, perhaps I was over ambitious.  Using monofilament was not a good idea - though I am sure if all my stars were aligned, it would be easier :)

Most of the mono has been ditched, but I have retained some elements and am making some samples which I can live with - hooray !

 Little fish



















One way - not entirely successful - to create a second beam.  At last, I have been able to put peg loom to some use.

I also discovered that super glue can be your friend when using monfilament, and that it is possible to come up with a knot which will work :)






Double weave sample which I was really pleased with, however, the technical problems (warp) meant I had reconsider my position.







I decided to discard the warp, and start agin !





Over to the right -->
perspex rods, dyed with alcohol inks








One of the earlier
images from my sketchbook


No comments:

Post a Comment